Acquire Procurement Services attended the global MINExpo 2016 (Sep 26-28), held once every four years in Las Vegas. The MINExpo featured 1,900 exhibitors from around the world showcasing cutting edge mining products and services and attracted over 44,000 attendees from 130 countries. The MINExpo also featured education sessions from world-leading experts on topics ranging from the commodity market outlook to best practice in various mining practices.
In this current economic climate, companies are leaving no stone unturned in their quest to reduce cost. But is the solution to saving millions contained within the folds of a paper toy designed for children?
Brisbane (Australia) based company, Acquire Procurement Services thinks so.
On the 19 May, the team at Acquire attended the CIPS Innovation in Procurement QLD regional event.
Acquire heard from Blue Chilli, a start up accelerator and tech start ups in the procurement innovation space being Unscrabble, Plant Dispatch (to be renamed to 3 Way Match) and Lawcadia.
The beginnings of all three start-ups was the recognition of issues faced by procurement in the business and recognition of a gap in the market to resolve such issues.
Companies often talk about outsourcing as the holy grail of business. If it isn’t core business, “outsource it”, if someone can do it cheaper or better “outsource it” but over time, the reason for outsourcing a service or a whole function can get lost and businesses can find themselves asking “so, why did we outsource that?”
240 Queen Street
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
1300 493 369
- Review of an Under-Performing Major Services Agreement
- Forensic Cost Review for Major Services Agreements
- Commercial Model Design for Major Services Agreements
- Designing & Executing Market Engagement Strategies for Major Services Agreements
- Negotiating Changes to Major Services Agreements
- Driving Innovation within Major Services Agreements
- Spinning wheels with the Adani Coal Project: How culture influences the way we negotiate
- Is Procurement working in a silo from your Business Operations?
- Do you have the right procurement support to deliver your strategy?
- When business simplification is a bad strategy
- F1 Team Costs – A Visual Breakdown