Companies often talk about outsourcing as the holy grail of business. If it isn’t core business, “outsource it”, if someone can do it cheaper or better “outsource it” but over time, the reason for outsourcing a service or a whole function can get lost and businesses can find themselves asking “so, why did we outsource that?”
Between 1st July, 2013 and 30th June, 2014 the Australian Federal Government awarded more than 66,000 contracts worth almost $31B. The team at Acquire Procurement Services analysed this publicly available data to understand the top 10 contracts for each procurement category.
Under the Queensland Government’s open data policy, all contracts awarded over $10,000 are made available to the public. Below is an interactive chart that illustrates the relationship between government departments, agencies and their suppliers. It is also possible to filter the data based on how the contract was tendered (i.e. the procurement method). Read more
Calculating procurement savings is a critical deliverable for almost all procurement professionals. Furthermore, procurement savings are often made visible to organisational executives and even board members. Therefore, getting them right can be the difference between being praised and being marginalised.
To help all procurement professionals, their managers, and their organisations, we have included three approaches to calculate procurement savings that are best to be avoided for formal procurement reporting.
410 Queen Street
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
1300 493 369
- Review of an Under-Performing Major Services Agreement
- Forensic Cost Review for Major Services Agreements
- Commercial Model Design for Major Services Agreements
- Designing & Executing Market Engagement Strategies for Major Services Agreements
- Negotiating Changes to Major Services Agreements
- Driving Innovation within Major Services Agreements
- Spinning wheels with the Adani Coal Project: How culture influences the way we negotiate
- Is Procurement working in a silo from your Business Operations?
- Do you have the right procurement support to deliver your strategy?
- When business simplification is a bad strategy
- F1 Team Costs – A Visual Breakdown