We all know that poor negotiation skills equals poor commercial outcomes. While we often do everything we can to deliver the best result for our business, we often fall short of the optimal result, as we rarely stop to think understand what the other party is thinking.
The team at Acquire believe that Should-Cost Models are one of the most underutilised tools in getting the most from your supply arrangements. Whether it be used as a tool for negotiating a new service arrangement with a supplier, or as a way to validate that the price your organisation is paying for an existing arrangement is fair, having the skills and know how to develop a Should-Cost Model is extremely important where capacity and capability is often sourced from suppliers.
It’s become increasingly important to have the skills to analyse and visualise data to aid in business discussions. We know that the relationship needs to change between Procurement, IT, Finance, and Operations teams in the way they interact with each other to discuss the value and cost drivers of the business. Read more
Our clients often raise the same issues in regards to their major services arrangements.
Whether it be: Read more
The team at Acquire Procurement Services attended the Harvard Law School Negotiation and Leadership Program in Boston, Massachusetts last month. Run by a consortium based in Harvard University, the programme was designed to accelerate participant’s negotiation and leadership capabilities. It examined core decision-making challenges, analysed complex negotiation scenarios, and provided a range of competitive and cooperative negotiation strategies to be used in both private and public negotiation environments. Read more
410 Queen Street
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
1300 493 369
- Review of an Under-Performing Major Services Agreement
- Forensic Cost Review for Major Services Agreements
- Commercial Model Design for Major Services Agreements
- Designing & Executing Market Engagement Strategies for Major Services Agreements
- Negotiating Changes to Major Services Agreements
- Driving Innovation within Major Services Agreements
- Spinning wheels with the Adani Coal Project: How culture influences the way we negotiate
- Is Procurement working in a silo from your Business Operations?
- Do you have the right procurement support to deliver your strategy?
- When business simplification is a bad strategy
- F1 Team Costs – A Visual Breakdown