Between 1st July, 2013 and 30th June, 2014 the Australian Federal Government awarded more than 66,000 contracts worth almost $31B. The team at Acquire Procurement Services analysed this publicly available data to understand the top 10 contracts for each procurement category.
Insights: Top 10 Government Contracts (FY2014)
– Largest contract was worth $4B over 7 years and awarded to DHA (Defence Housing Australia)
– The DMO procured Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) worth almost $9M over the next two years
– Clayton Utz was awarded a $17.5M contract for litigation spanning the next 3 years
– The largest Professional Engineering Services contract was awarded to Decmil and was worth almost $300M
– The largest contract for Computers was awarder to Hewlett Packard Australia and was worth $8.2M
The Acquire Procurement Services team has made an interactive spend analysis tool to make it easy to visualise the top 10 contracts.
You can find the tool here:
If you are interested in seeing some of our other visualisations, please click on the following.
For more information, please contact me (Simon Thompson) at firstname.lastname@example.org.